Technical Sales Representative – U.S. (TSR-US)
We are searching for a driven technical sales representative to join our dynamic team. The technical sales representative should be familiar with the American elevator industry, have a clear understanding of the products being sold and the ability to demonstrate how they work. Your responsibilities include establishing the needs of the customer and being able to recommend solutions and products.
To be successful, the technical representative should have experience developing an excellent rapport with existing customers and the ability to source new customers. A top-notch technical sales representative should be knowledgeable about competing products and should have the ability to break down technical terminology to non- technical clients.
Must be prepared to travel extensively visiting existing customers and potential customers on a ratio of approximately 1 to 3 respectively. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S and reports to the President.
About OLS NA
For over 50 years, OLS NA Inc. has been a leader in the manufacture and sales of non- proprietary elevator components. In 1990, OLS NA established a joint venture with GMV S.p.A. OLS NA are headquartered in a 50,000 sq ft manufacturing facility in Ontario, Canada.
Technical Sales Representative Responsibilities
- Grow the customer base, build relationships within the elevator industry, ability to close sales with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated experience identifying the technical needs of the customer and recommending products to meet their needs.
- Explain technical information to customers in a way that can be understood by non-technical clients.
- Follow up with customers and satisfactorily resolve any issues that may arise.
- Able to troubleshoot customer issues in the field either onsite or via telephone.
- Develop and write technical briefs and technical documents.
- Keep customers informed about new technological products.
- Set goals and achieve these goals.
- Develop annual sales forecasts and supporting budget.
- Develop sales plans and activites and report progress on these plans.
- Ensure that sales targets are consistently met.
- Maintain records of customer communications and contact information.
Technical Sales Representative Requirements
1. Strong technical knowledge of the supply of hydraulic elevator products.
2. A minimum of 2 years related sales background.
3. Technical knowledge and comprehensive understanding of hydraulic systems.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
5. The ability to identify and follow up on leads.
6. Exceptional skills in selling products and closing deals.
7. Knowledge of sales promotion techniques.
8. Computer literate and proficient in MS Office suite.
9. Excellent presentation skills and a professional appearance.
10. A valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel extensively.
Competitive salary with commission, health care and paid holidays.
Do you think you might be a good candidate for this exciting position? We’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter to: